2018 Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Impact Report
As OneOC celebrates 60 years of serving Orange County, the 2018 Spirit of Volunteerism Awards also took a look back at how volunteerism has shaped our community over the past few decades. We’d like to take the opportunity to thank the volunteers who have made an impact in our community, as well as our sponsors or their generous support. Without them, none of it would have been possible.
On April 26, 2018, the 42nd Annual Spirit of Volunteerism Awards:
- Honored 359 outstanding volunteers (click here to visit the Spirit of Volunteerism Honoree Blog) from 95 local nonprofits and 30 companies
- Gathered 1,109 Orange County community members together in celebration of volunteerism
- Presented the prestigious Giving is Living Award to 2 amazing organizations working in partnership to feed and help those in need during the holiday season, The Orange County Food Bank (a program of Community Action Partnership of Orange County) and PIMCO: Click here to learn more about the Giving is Living Award
Click to open each section below for more details:
When: 10/18, 12/1, 1/8, 1/16, 2/12, 3/27, 4/9, 4/26
Media Platform: Email Communications, Website, Printed Advertisement, Cox PSA (on-going), Invitation, Program Booklet, Event Signage, Event PowerPoint
Total # of Impressions: 1,079,725
When: Ongoing from October 18, 2017 – April 26, 2018
Media Platform: www.OneOC.org
# of Total Impressions: 4,599
When: April 26, 2018
Media Platform: Lobby & Ballroom Signage, Step & Repeat, Event Program, PowerPoint Presentations in Ballroom
# of Total Impressions: 18,794
When: March 2018
Media Platform: Printed postcard invitation
# of Total Impressions: 400
Congratulations to all our Opportunity Drawing & Social Media Drawing Winners!
Stars on Ice tickets, donated by Antis Roofing & Waterproofing
Paul Feuerborn – Capital Group Companies
Angels tickets, donated by Pacific Life
Michael Fujitani – Behr
Champagne and Wine, donated by PIMCO
Stay at the Island Hotel, donated by the Island Hotel
Lou Leto, Honoree – City of San Clemente
Pacific Symphony VIP Package, donated by Pacific Symphony
Alp Kalaycioglu, Honoree – Fluor
Sugarland Tickets, donated by Antis Roofing & Waterproofing
Adrienne Fielden – Joni’s Angels
Gorjana Jewelry and gift card, donated by Gorjana
Marlynne Thompson, Honoree – Fluor
Vizio 50-inch screen TV, donated by Vizio
Johanna Stickles – Orange County Ronald McDonald House
Text-to-win and Social Media Drawing
Angels tickets, donated by John Hurlbut
Kelly Bennett – Mission Viejo News Group
Taco Bell Food Truck, donated by Taco Bell
Community Action Partnership of Orange County (CAPOC)
"Magical Disney Experience" includes 1-night stay at The Disneyland Hotel and (4) two-day Park Hopper tickets, donated by Disneyland Resort
Jess Diaz – Huntington Beach Police Department
- The Orange County Register - Orange County’s community of volunteers is celebrated at annual OneOC event
- Los Angeles Times - Huntington Beach woman recognized for volunteering (Cindy Lim)
- OC Parks Volunteer Newsletter - 2018 OneOC Spirit of Volunteerism Awards
- Press Telegram - Volunteer honored (Mezlier Nunez)
- The Orange County Register - Milestones: Camille Strader 2018 OneOC Spirit of Volunteerism honoree
- The Orange County Business Journal - Philanthrophy "That's the Spirit"
- CISION PR Newswire - Fluidmaster Recognizes Volunteer of the Year and 2018 Spirit of Volunteerism Honoree, Andy King
Check back for more coverage as it develops!
Honoree Roll-Call Videos (by category) - Click the links below to view:
- "Live-Hunger and Homelessness"
- "Learn - Education and Workforce Development"
- "Grow - Healthcare"
- "Share - Company volunteers"
- "Protect - Animal & Environment, Law Enforcement and Veterans"
- "Dream - Art and Youth Services"
Thank you to Disneyland Resort, our Diamond Anniversary Sponsor
For its commitment to Orange County nonprofit organizations. Click here to learn more about the Disney Family Volunteering Reward Program, whereby a nonprofit who hosts or participates in a Family Volunteer program can earn up to 20 Disney park tickets.
Register your nonprofit by visiting: pointsoflight.org/disneyrewards
See photos from this year's event!
The Allergan Foundation • Bank of America • Boston Consulting Group • The Colton Company • Capital Group Companies • Peter & Michelle Duncan • EY • Fluor • Golden State Foods • Hub International Insurance Services Inc. • Kaiser Permanente • Rob & Jane Reindl
Beckman Coulter • Jeff Black / McDermott & Bull Executive Search • Orange County Community Foundation • Rutan & Tucker, LLP • Ventura Foods
Continuum Consulting • DPR Construction • First American Title Insurance Company • The Gooding Family • John & Susie Hurlbut • Charlene & Mike Immell • Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP • Daniel & Wilette McQuaid • Gary Meister & Christy Zidonis • Minka Group • MINYARD | MORRIS • The Orange County Register • Robinson Calcagnie, Inc. • Jaime Wheeler • White Nelson Diehl Evans, LLP • World Travel Bureau
Anthem Blue Cross • Bassam and Cherine Fawaz • Denise Scott
Antis Roofing & Waterproofing • Cox Communications • Disneyland Resort • Gorjana Laguna Beach • John & Susie Hurlbut • Kenny the Printer • Orange County Business Journal • Pacific Life • Pacific Symphony • PIMCO • Smart Jazz Execs • Taco Bell • The Island Hotel