Are you a nonprofit organization that wants to host a volunteer project at your site? OneOC offers different, year-round opportunities for organizations to find volunteers and increase their visiblility.
Day of Service Projects
OneOC provides our Accelerated and Premium members a unique way to increase visibility, recruit additional volunteers and obtain free resources that will support your project at one of our five national volunteer days of service. Annually over 10,000 individuals, companies, service clubs and faith-based organizations volunteer as part of this program.
- MLK Jr. Day of Service (JAN)
- Earth Day (APR)
- 9/11 Day of Service & Remembrance (SEP)
- Family Volunteer Day (NOV)
- Spirit of Giving (DEC & APR)
Click Here to “Host a Signature Project” and join us at one or more of these national volunteer events. Projects must be posted 60 days prior to event day through OneOC’s HandsOn Connect online calendar.
Benefits to Nonprofits
OneOC members who express interest in partnering with one or more of these national service days may be eligible to receive additional benefits as follows:
- National campaigns through Points of Light and other national volunteer partners
- Project listed on the OneOC website with direct link to your organization
- Project included in OneOC press releases as well as listed in the OC Register
- Onsite photographer and photos available for download on SmugMug
- Local media and onsite interviews (News, TV, Radio)
- Volunteer recruitment (Companies and Service Groups)
- Project development (Signature, Partner and Toolkits available from A-Z)
- Project Leadership (Trained Service-Leaders to lead or assist your project staff)
- Corporate Resources (Skill-Based Volunteers)
- Free Equipment Rentals (Rakes, Tools, Gloves etc…)
- In-Kind Donations (Paint, Soil, Arts & Crafts…)
- Project Scholarships ($25-$2500)
Family Service Team Projects
Interested in hosting a project monthly? OneOC’s Family Service Team (FST) program, provides children and their families a simple yet organized way of building volunteerism into family life. FST families not only have fun volunteering together, but are able to help your organization support critical issues; learning how giving of their time and talents can truly make a difference throughout Orange County. This program addresses a variety of impact areas such as hunger, homelessness etc… and in over one hour can build capacity for your organization, while creating long-term volunteer engagements.
- Family Service Teams range from 10-15 families or companies per nonprofit project location
- Children range from 3-12 years of age and are always supervised by their parents
- This program is traditionally held on the third Sunday of the month between 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Project dates are available Feb-May & Sep-Dec
2014 Program Impact
Our impact in 2014…
145 families, with 389 volunteers, totaled over 7,000 hours in Orange County:
- Packed over 11,000 food boxes for seniors living below the federal poverty level
- Restored over 14,275 acres of land with Bolsa Chica Conservancy and MUTH interpretive center
- Partnered with OC Rescue Mission to provide a warm meal to more than100 homeless living in Orange County
- Adopted 15 families for the holidays from the Child Abuse Prevention Center, and provided families with holiday gifts
We touched the lives of over 40,000 people in Orange County!
Our nonprofit partners include Alzheimer’s Family Services, CAPOC Orange County Food Bank, Blue Star Families, Bolsa Chica Conservancy, Emmanuel House, Friendship Shelter, Girls Inc., Inside the Outdoors, Irvine Ranch Conservancy, Mercy House, Operation Gratitude, Orange County Fire Authority, OC Animal Care Center, Orange County Rescue Mission, Peter & Mary Muth Interpretive Center, OC Child Abuse Prevention Center, Second Harvest Food Bank, Someone Cares Soup Kitchen, South County Outreach, Team Kids and Veterans First.
Company Volunteer Projects
Looking for company connections and free resources? As community leaders, companies can play a vital role by mobilizing individuals and communities into action. OneOC helps companies define their role and connects them with organizations in need, creating a better Orange County for all. OneOC can help your organization meet those resource needs through managed and or custom volunteer service projects. When companies and cause connect, everybody wins!
Become a Managed Project
Need projects completed but have no time to manage group volunteers?
Company volunteers can help build your capacity by engaging in a 2-3 hour service project at your organization. Just choose from our Pick & Go menu such as “Build a Garden” or develop a new project to add our list. OneOC will provide all the necessary resources to complete your project including volunteers, supplies and day-of project management.
Develop a Custom Project
Looking to complete your“Wish List” this year?
Let OneOC help make your dreams a reality, by developing a custom project specially tailored to your organizations needs. Traditionally these half-day projects engage over 100 company volunteers. OneOC will provide all the resources needed to complete your project including safety assessment, comprehensive proposal and project development, volunteer and supply procurement as well as day-of project management and impact follow-up. We’ll take care of everything from A-Z; all you need to do is show up and we will seamlessly become apart of your team!