Recognizing the need for communities throughout California to strengthen their disaster and emergency preparedness, OneOC, with the support of CaliforniaVolunteers and Corporation for National and Community Service, has developed a new AmeriCorps program called Resiliency Corps.
Resiliency Corps places AmeriCorps members throughout California to help local organizations enhance their disaster resiliency. In times of emergency, it is crucial organizations are prepared to continue serving its communities. To ensure this, Resiliency Corps Fellows will expand organizational capacity to respond to disasters by developing comprehensive disaster plans, strengthening partnership networks, and building a group of trained volunteers to support organizations during a time of disaster.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps Resiliency Corps Fellows, each receive the following benefits:
- An AmeriCorps Fellow within the December 2017 – December 2018 service year
- The support of a full- and/or part-time AmeriCorps Fellow(s)
- A comprehensive disaster plan
- Resources to support programs and organizational preparedness
- Up to 80 new volunteers to support program and emergency management needs
- Stronger organizational capacity to support disaster preparedness, response, and recovery efforts
OneOC AmeriCorps Application Process:
Step 2: Review and complete a Site Application.
Step 3: Please email ALL completed paperwork directly to Samantha Vargas at [email protected]. Please note: Your non-refundable $1,000 deposit must be received before your application can be approved.