OneOC is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
OneOC AmeriCorps Partner Sites will have the opportunity to host AmeriCorps Members who will help serve in a variety of capacities, including advancing your mission through volunteer recruitment efforts, building volunteer capacity, supporting veterans, or addressing unmet disaster preparedness needs.
Since 1994, 1 million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Locally, OneOC has hosted AmeriCorps programs since 2009. In 2016, 51 members served at 46 partner sites across California.
Click below to view details
Partner Site Requirements
- Be a qualified nonprofit or organization.
- Commit to hosting an AmeriCorps Fellow for a full service term.
- Complete and submit application materials.
- Designate an onsite, full-time, paid supervisor with minimum 1 year supervisor experience to oversee your AmeriCorps Fellow. Supervisor must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW).
- Must complete reporting requirements by timeline.
- Assist with the recruitment of your AmeriCorps Fellow.
- Provide required program fee.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps members, receive the following benefits:
- AmeriCorps Fellows serving full & part-time positions for up to 1 year of service
- Stronger organizational capacity and infrastructure
- Increased volunteer engagement and support for your organization
- Increased resources through fundraising and business and community partnerships
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Partnering with OneOC to develop and mentor future, civic-minded leaders
Programs Currently Available
Now recruiting for:
- Resiliency Corps (Formerly DRVP)_January 2017-December 2017
- Volunteer Infrastructure Program (Capacity Building) Sept 2017 - Aug 2018