OneOC's Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP), in partnership with CalServes, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service, is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowship opportunities to nonprofits, organizations and public schools.
OneOC AmeriCorps Partner Sites will have the opportunity to host AmeriCorps Members who will help advance your mission through volunteer recruitment efforts and building volunteer capacity.
Since 1994, 1 million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Locally, OneOC has hosted AmeriCorps programs since 2009. In 2016, 51 members served at 46 partner sites across California.
Click below to view details
Partner Site Requirements
- Be a qualified nonprofit or organization.
- Commit to hosting an AmeriCorps Fellow for a full service term.
- Complete and submit application materials.
- Designate an onsite, full-time, paid supervisor with minimum 1 year supervisor experience to oversee your AmeriCorps Fellow. Supervisor must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW).
- Must complete reporting requirements by timeline.
- Assist with the recruitment of your AmeriCorps Fellow.
- Provide required program fee.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps members, receive the following benefits:
- AmeriCorps Fellows serving full time positions for up to 1 year of service
- Stronger organizational capacity and infrastructure
- Increased volunteer engagement and support for your organization
- Increased resources through fundraising and business and community partnerships
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Partnering with OneOC to develop and mentor future, civic-minded leaders
Programs Currently Available
Now recruiting for:
OneOC is now accepting partner site applications to host an AmeriCorps Member for the 18-19 service term, from September 2018 – August 2019. Members will focus on building volunteer capacity with local nonprofits and educational organizations that serve high-need children, families and youth. OneOC provides member recruitment, screening, onboarding as well as ongoing training of all VIP members, as they develop and implement best practices that improve that expand new and existing volunteer programs.
The 3 Volunteer Infrastructure Program Options are:
(click below to view options)
VIP Startup: for nonprofits and government agencies - AmeriCorps members at VIP Startup sites work to grow the established agency’s volunteer program based on the agency’s needs and priorities as defined by the Volunteer Capacity Assessment.
VIP Service Enterprise: for agencies participating in the Service Enterprise Initiative - The Points of Light Service Enterprise Initiative is an innovative approach to integrate an agency’s volunteer efforts into the culture of the whole organization. VIP Service Enterprise (VIP-SE) partner sites are agencies that are pursuing or have achieved Service Enterprise certification (separate from VIP program participation). VIP-SE Fellows build infrastructure with a focus on helping the agency achieve or maintain Service Enterprise status.
VIP K-12: for K-12 schools, school districts, continuation high schools, and adult schools - Incorporating efficient volunteer systems into a school’s framework and culture is a unique challenge addressed by VIP K-12. VIP Fellows at VIP K-12 partner sites are connected with additional resources to build volunteer programs throughout the school environment, to include classroom volunteers, special presenters, parent involvement, and more.
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP) members, receive the following benefits:
- 1700-hour AmeriCorps member (Sept 2018-August 2019)
- 35-40 hours per week of AmeriCorps member support
- Recruitment and management of 120+ volunteers (80 one-time and 40 long-term)
- In-kind and donation fundraising of $2,000+ by the AmeriCorps member
- Members offer additional support to increase volunteer capacity within the organization
- Deadline: Accepting application until filled
OneOC AmeriCorps Application Process:
Step 1: To reserve your 2018-2019 member(s), please complete your OneOC AmeriCorps Commitment Letter.
Step 2: Make sure to sign and complete the following materials (click the links below to download):
- VIP Information Sheet and Application
- Supervisory Information Sheet
- Volunteer Capacity Assessment (Baseline)
Step 3: Please email ALL completed paperwork directly to Kimberly Harnish at [email protected]. Please note: Your non-refundable $2,500 deposit must be received before your application can be approved and the interview process can begin.