OneOC is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
As an OneOC AmeriCorps Host Site, you will have the opportunity to host AmeriCorps Members who will help build volunteer infrastructure at your nonprofit. The members can serve in a variety of capacities, including advancing your mission through volunteer recruitment efforts, building volunteer capacity and support such as mentoring underserved youth, engaging veteran’s service or addressing unmet disaster related needs. As an AmeriCorps Host Site, you will have the opportunity to develop valuable work skills, leadership development and a pathway to future opportunities with your member.
Nationally, since the program’s founding in 1994, almost 1 million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Locally OneOC has hosted AmeriCorps National, Direct and VISTA Corps members since 2009. Our program has grown from nine to over 50 AmeriCorps members and programs that are available year-round, from 6-12 month terms.
Click below to view details
- A qualified nonprofit or organization
- Pay required cash match
- Commit to the full program year
- Complete and submit application materials
- Onsite Full-time paid supervisor with minimum 1 year supervisor experience
- Supervisor must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW)
- Must attend supervisor all meetings and trainings
- Must complete reporting requirements by timeline
- Ability to travel to various locations for training and service
Partner sites hosting OneOC AmeriCorps members, receive the following benefits:
- 1700-hour AmeriCorps member (December 2016 – December 2017)
- 35-40 hours per week of AmeriCorps Fellow support
- Fellows Build Capacity for their organization by creating strong systems to support volunteer engagement
- They Provide Volunteer Management by recruiting, orienting, training, supervising and recognizing more that 50 volunteers
- Fellows Fundraise $500+ for the organization’s volunteer and crisis programs
- Address the area of Crisis Management by developing a fully trained disaster response volunteer team of more that 30 committed volunteers
- Applications are being accepted now through November 1st, 2016.
Programs Currently Available
Now recruiting for:
- Resiliency Corps (Formerly DRVP)_January 2017-December 2017
- VISTA (Stand UP for Veterans) March 2017-March 2018
- Volunteer Infrastructure Program (Capacity Building) Sept 2016 - Aug 2017
- VIP K-12
- VIP Service Enterprise
- VIP Start Up
OneOC AmeriCorps Application Process:
Step 1: Have you completed your OneOC AmeriCorps Commitment Form? You will be invoiced for your $1,000, which is a non-refundable deposit. TO GET STARTED TODAY, Click here to DOWNLOAD and sign your “2016 Commitment Form”.
Step 2: Make sure to complete and sign the Application.
Step 3: Email your completed application to Kimberly Harnish at [email protected]. Your non-refundable $1,000 deposit must be received with the application to be considered for this program.
If you have any questions, please contact Kimberly Harnish at [email protected] or 714-953-5757 ext. 150.