Volunteer Management Certificate Series
Now Online!The Volunteer Management Certificate consists of six modules created by Points of Light Institute, and is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the major components of a nonprofit Volunteer Management program.
In partnership with Points of Light, we are pleased to offer this valuable program to enhance your knowledge and expertise of volunteer management.
Individual Sessions Available.
Attendees will receive a free seat to the upcoming Volunteers & the Law session
Understanding Volunteering Exploring the Heart of the Volunteer Sector
- Understand the current trends in volunteerism
- Identify the elements of volunteer management
- Identify social motivators and their application
- Write a purpose statement for your volunteer program
- Determine criteria for appropriate roles for volunteers
- Write a volunteer position description
- Identify the basic tenants of risk management
- Identify resources needed to manage an effective volunteer program
- Describe the importance of a position description for purposes of volunteer recruitment and placement
- List the steps for developing and implementing a targeted recruitment strategy
- Craft a volunteer recruitment message that sells the benefits and shares the features
- Define techniques used for screening, interviewing and matching volunteers with positions
- Articulate the importance of orienting and training volunteers to perform service effectively and enjoyably
- Describe the steps in planning volunteer orientation and training
- Assess volunteer training needs
- Develop effective volunteer training strategies
- Articulate the benefits of volunteer supervision
- Describe the steps of volunteer supervision
- List effective ways to reward and recognize volunteers
- Apply learning using case studies and scenarios
- List the basic steps to conduct and evaluation
- Describe the three levels of evaluation
- Identify different evaluation methods
- Describe important factors to consider when reporting evaluation results
Member Price: Free
Non-Member Price: Free
- Volunteer Management
If you have any questions please email [email protected] or call 714-597-8956.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be allowed up to 48 hours in advance. No refunds will be given for late cancellations or no-shows for any course. No-shows will be invoiced for the full registration fee.