A Service Enterprise is an organization that fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills across all levels of the organization to successfully deliver on its social mission.
About the Service Enterprise Initiative
The California Service Enterprise Initiative (CVSEI) is now a national initiative led by Points of Light that started as a partnership between CaliforniaVolunteers and Reimagining Service. The Service Enterprise Initiative serves to strengthen the capacity of nonprofits to fundamentally leverage volunteers and their skills to address community needs. Through a comprehensive research-based assessment developed by the TCC Group and Deloitte, training, consulting as well as a certification model, selected nonprofits are equipped with the tools and technical assistance necessary to support nonprofit Service Enterprise transformations within these ten characteristics
Participating organizations have access to:
- A thorough research-based assessment of existing organizational volunteer engagement practices called the Service Enterprise Diagnostic (SED).
- Up to 16 hours of training reimagining how organization engages volunteers.
- Individualized coaching to address unique organizational opportunities and challenges.
- National certification is available and valid up to two years.
- Access OC
- Alzheimer's Family Services Center
- Bolsa Chica Conservancy
- Boys & Girls Club of Garden Grove
- Community Action Partnership of Orange County
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Families Forward
- Family Assistance Ministries
- Friendly Center
- Girl Scouts of Orange County
- Girls Inc.
- Grandma's House of Hope
- Illumination Foundation
- Junior Achievement
- Lion's Heart
- Make A Wish Foundation of Orange County and the Inland Empire
- Mercy House
- Santa Ana Police Foundation
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Strength in Support
- THINK Together
- Thomas House Temporary Shelter
- Western Youth Services
- Women Helping Women
- Working Wardrobes
See what others are saying about us. Click through below:
Becoming a Volunteer Service Enterprise has helped Grandma's House leverage our volunteers and their unique skill sets to deliver on our social mission to help those in desperate need in Orange County. Before we participated in the Volunteer Service Enterprise training, we still had wonderful volunteers and lots of them! But, looking back, I think we clearly under-estimated how much they could bring to our organization!
Our Volunteer Department is very proud of the progress we have made within our organization since the Service Enterprise Training. As a result, we have noticed our program managers recognize the positive change within their programs and are working with us to accommodate new volunteers.
Interested in becoming a Service Enterprise? Click here to be placed on our Interest List.