Learn, share and network with one of the many Orange County peer networking groups.
The mission of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is to advance fundraising and philanthropy for the greater good through education, training, advocacy and recognition.
DOVIA-OC, Directors of Volunteers in Agencies, is a professional organization open to both paid and unpaid volunteer managers and coordinators from public, private, and philanthropic organizations throughout Orange County.
The Executive Director Forum program, created by the Executive Coaches of Orange County, provides an environment for nonprofit executive directors to solve problems and share ideas in a confidential setting with peers. To request an application, and/or inquire more about the program, contact Program Chairman John Benner at [email protected].
Each Executive Director Forum is comprised of 10 to 12 executive directors facilitated by two experienced ECofOC counselors in monthly meetings using a proven process to guide the group to practical solutions for issues brought to the table by each participant.
Members have the opportunity to:
- Hear from peers who have experienced similar problems and concerns
- Gain better insights into their organizations by having knowledgeable, unbiased peers present their perspectives
- Get fresh ideas to solve difficult or complex issues
- View their situations and organizations strategically
- Learn tips to solve everyday problems from similarly situated peers
This program responds to the typical executive director concern that “it’s lonely at the top.” EDs typically have few opportunities to interact with peers about specific issues facing their organizations.
Executive Director Kari I says: “I believe the ED forum is a dynamic environment to discuss challenges and brainstorm program solutions. I’m gaining insight from my peers that I would otherwise not receive. This is valuable time well spent!”
Sessions are held monthly from 8:45 AM to noon and include a continental breakfast and snacks throughout the meeting. The cost is $20 per month, paid each six months in advance.
Executive Director Forum candidates must be in an executive director or similar position on a full-time basis. The nonprofit must have:
- A Board of Directors
- At least two employees (ED +1)
- An annual budget of at least $150,000
- A commercial-based (non-home-based) office
To ensure the success of each forum, members must commit to:
- Attend all of the Forum monthly meetings (exceptions for travel and vacations)
- Participate as an active Forum contributor and good listener
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the success of the Forum and its members
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Forum discussions
- Follow the Forum process
If you are interested in being a part of an ED Forum, please click here.
In partnership with Grant Professionals Association (GPA), OneOC is proud to host The Grantwriters Network, offering a place for grantwriters to come and learn from their peers and subject matter experts in the field. So bring your lunch, and your questions, and network with fellow grantwriters.
Young Nonprofit Professional Network of Orange County (YNPN OC) advances the Orange County nonprofit sector by empowering, connecting, and supporting emerging mission-driven professionals. YNPN is dedicated to providing social and professional resources to promote success in career development and retention for young professionals and emerging leaders of all ages involved with nonprofits in the Orange County, CA area.