Join a Nonprofit Board in Orange County.
There are thousands of nonprofit organizations in Orange County. Each one requires board leadership to advance mission effectiveness, business efficiency and strategic execution.
Serving on a nonprofit board is a great way to gain leadership skills, broaden your professional network and make a difference In the community. With OneOC’s Board Connection Program, you can play a vital role. Board Connection teaches emerging leaders and executives the skills necessary to successfully serve on a nonprofit board of directors—and then connects them to nonprofits that need skilled leaders to serve on their boards. OneOC can help you find a nonprofit that can utilize your specific interests and skills.
This seminar engages participants on the following topics:
- Nonprofit sector
- Facts about Orange County boards
- Characteristics of boards at different organizational lifecycle stages
- Board responsibilities
- Review the efforts and contexts of nonprofits with OneOC
Current board members are invited to attend the training as a refresher session on what’s new in board management. Come share your experiences and insights with us and to take back to your board. Understand the roles and responsibilities of boards, and reframe the board’s efforts – from rubber stamping to action-oriented.
How It Works
1. OneOC trains prospective board members on the landscape of Orange County’s nonprofit sector and the art of successfully serving on a nonprofit board free of charge in our Board Service 101 seminar.
2. After completing the seminar, individuals purchase exclusive access to OneOC’s online database of Orange County nonprofits and their vacant board positions.
3. Using the database, individuals search for and connect with compatible nonprofit boards.
4. Need more guidance? Sign up for coaching sessions with a OneOC Board Connection Specialist to help determine the right Nonprofit for you.
Please contact [email protected] to register for an upcoming Board Service 101 seminar.