OneOC is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships, administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
As an OneOC AmeriCorps member you will have the opportunity to build volunteer infrastructure of Orange County’s most prominent nonprofits, as well as mentor underserved youth, engage veterans in service and address unmet disaster related needs. For people entering the workforce, AmeriCorps programs provide members with valuable work skills, leadership development and a pathway to future opportunities.
Nationally, since the program’s founding in 1994, almost 1 million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.2 billion hours in service across America while tackling pressing problems and mobilizing millions of volunteers for the organizations they serve. Locally OneOC has hosted AmeriCorps National, Direct and VISTA Corps members since 2009, our program has grown from nine to over 50 AmeriCorps members and programs are available year-round, from 6-12 month terms.
- Members will serve 30-40 hours per week (Full & Part-time positions) for up to 1 year of service
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW)
- High-school diploma (BA/BS preferred)
- English language (Bilingual preferred)
- Ability to travel to various locations for training and service (all expenses paid by host site)
- Have served no more than two terms in an AmeriCorps State or National program
OneOC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Living Allowance (up to $15,000)
- Health Benefits (if applicable)
- Childcare Subsidy (if applicable)
- Student Loan Deferment (if applicable)
- Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
- Networking opportunities
- Educational Award upon successful completion of term (up to two terms of service)
Programs Currently Available
Now recruiting for:
- Volunteer Infrastructure Program (Capacity Building) January 2017 - August 2017
- VIP K-12
- VIP Service Enterprise
- VIP Start Up
- VISTA (Stand UP for Veterans) March 2017-March 2018
So Are You Ready?
Help a child succeed in school, help a veteran find a home or help a family rebuild after a devastating disaster?
Joining AmeriCorps will utilize your energy, ideals, and talents to help others. Plus, you'll earn money for education, learn to be a leader, and gain real job skills!
SIGN ME UP!
NOT READY YET?
To join the live AmeriCorps Learning Lab and get your questions answered, please call in by Dialing +1 (872) 240-3212 and enter Access Code: 820-492-733 on Mondays at 2:30pm!
If you have any questions, please contact Abby Edmunds at [email protected] or 714-597-8949.