Introduction to Grantwriting
Writing grants is often a critical part of gaining funding for any nonprofit organization's mission. Strategic grant writing aligns the needs of a nonprofit with funding sources, whether foundations, government agencies, corporations, or individuals. This introductory-level course offers a guide to the basics of grant writing. The course explores the relationship between grant writing and an organization's strategy for fundraising. It also outlines the six stages of grant writing and highlights grant writing best practices.
- Discuss the importance of grant writing to nonprofits and other organizations seeking funding
- Describe how capital grants and endowment grants can be integrated into fundraising efforts, including matching funds
- Explain how grant writing and fundraising represent complimentary methods of ensuring a nonprofit's financial stability
- Outline the six stages of the grant writing process
- Discuss the process of identifying and establishing a need for funding (Stage One)
- Describe how to research grantmakers and available grants (Stage Two)
- Explain the process of establishing relationships with potential funders (Stage Three)
- Discuss the importance of alignment between a nonprofit and a funder's mission (Stage Four)
- Outline the grant writing process (Stage Five)
- Explore tools and techniques employed in writing the grant proposal
- Explain how a nonprofit should follow-up after winning or losing a grant award (Stage Six)
- Outline best practices for grant writing
- Apply your understanding of the grant writing process to case studies covering the six stages
- Key Features
0.5 CEU Credits | 5 CFREs
Course completion deadline: 30 days after registration
Member Price: $152
Non-Member Price: $190
If you have any questions please email [email protected] or call 714-597-8956.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be allowed up to 48 hours in advance. No refunds will be given for late cancellations or no-shows for any course. No-shows will be invoiced for the full registration fee.